Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR convoy from the Bay Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MartyYeoman
Anyone want to join up and convoy to South Lake Tahoe from the Bay area? I"m thinking of leaving Friday morning. Just shaking the tree to see what falls out. marty914.jpg
SirAndy
QUOTE(MartyYeoman @ May 29 2023, 08:29 AM) *

Anyone want to join up and convoy to South Lake Tahoe from the Bay area? I"m thinking of leaving Friday morning. Just shaking the tree to see what falls out. marty914.jpg

We were also planning to leave on Friday morning ...
idea.gif
Cairo94507
We are also leaving early Friday morning so we can make the Friday drive. I think the drive meeting is at like 0900. We are in Auburn, so we can meet you guys along your route- pick the location.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 29 2023, 08:43 AM) *

We are also leaving early Friday morning so we can make the Friday drive. I think the drive meeting is at like 0900. We are in Auburn, so we can meet you guys along your route- pick the location.

I'm not going to try to make the 9am meeting and drive.
It's still dark at 9am.
biggrin.gif

Anyways, my plan is to take 80 to Sacramento and then 50 to South Lake Tahoe.

@MartyYeoman
Marty, what route did you plan on? 680 to 80 to 50?
driving.gif
MartyYeoman
Hey Andy, Here are a couple possible routes. One is Freeway/Highway (680,80,50) and the other is primarily country roads (680,4,160,12,88). It'll take longer (same mileage) but should be more scenic. Personally, I'm liking the slower route. Either way, leaving by 10:00 still gets you there by mid afternoon.
tygaboy
You're all probably aware but figured it's worth a reminder: Lovely as 88 is, just know there's a bit of "middle of nowhere", should anyone have any hiccups with their car.
MartyYeoman
Anyone else care to join in on this? shades.gif
MartyYeoman
Bump
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 29 2023, 12:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 29 2023, 08:43 AM) *

I'm not going to try to make the 9am meeting and drive.
It's still dark at 9am.
biggrin.gif

Anyways, my plan is to take 80 to Sacramento and then 50 to South Lake Tahoe.

@MartyYeoman
Marty, what route did you plan on? 680 to 80 to 50?
driving.gif

That is the one road I didn’t check Andy. 50 from Sac to Tahoe. CalTrans has good road condition updates though. Certainly the most interesting drive up!
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 1 2023, 10:00 AM) *
That is the one road I didn’t check Andy. 50 from Sac to Tahoe. CalTrans has good road condition updates though. Certainly the most interesting drive up!

No major problems, just a few road work slowdowns.

I'm probably going to leave the bay area around 10am
880 -> 80 -> 50

driving.gif

Click to view attachment
MartyYeoman
Gonna be a great weekend!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.