Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone seen this gauge before
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jett
Head temp and gas?
Freezin 914
I have not seen one of those, pretty neat!
emerygt350
That's oil temp not head temp.
emerygt350
That is a great gauge though, brake, generator, oil lights, now if it had oil pressure...
Chris914n6
Just a stock oil temp gauge but redone with numbers instead of the graphic.
Steve
It Looks like they took the Oil Temp part out of a 911 gauge and put it in a 914 gauge
targa72e
I think I will be seeing a similar gauge soon. Steve is correct 914 with 911 temp. I have this in my -6 conversion. My current gauge looks like this.

Click to view attachment

I just got the numerical temp part this week, 911 orientation but price was right. May switch around so lettering is like gauge pictured at some point in future

Click to view attachment

john
914Sixer
About 10 years ago I had one made at NHS. Stock gauge and I had them put horizontal temp scale on it. I sold it and went with a 911 combo gauge. The gauge shown maybe it.
Jett
Thanks… makes sense. I have one of these gauges NOS, might be fun to replace the scale.
Montreal914
QUOTE(targa72e @ May 13 2022, 09:22 PM) *

Is this where you got your gauge faceplate? smile.gif

https://www.heiler-tachodesign.de/Oil_1_s1
dr914@autoatlanta.com
HARTMUT AT Palo Alto speedometer can make one for you
targa72e
I got it from John Bell on pelican. He also makes triple, quad and other custom gauges. he goes by jbell959 on pelican. He had extra stock gauge plates from making custom gauges and redid them with numbers.

This thread shows some of his work.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...bo-gauge-3.html

john
Montreal914
Thank you for the link!
Beautiful work from John Bell! drooley.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ May 15 2022, 07:45 AM) *

Thank you for the link!
Beautiful work from John Bell! drooley.gif

+1 but need to wait for the winter break before he starts making more.
StratPlayer
Yes I have that module in my gauge cluster. Ordered it from a vendor who I can't remember who years ago. Oil Temp
914werke
Thats Purty!
Jett
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 16 2022, 03:32 PM) *

Yes I have that module in my gauge cluster. Ordered it from a vendor who I can't remember who years ago. Oil Temp

Looks good. North Hollywood will convert one, and it does look cool.
jbell959
I don't own a 914 so I don't get on this board much, but I've made several custom 914 gauges recently so I thought I would post a few pictures of some of the fuel combo gauges I've done.
jbell959
I can also do them in the earlier off-white color like this 914-6 reproduction

914Sixer
John does all my work, excellent quality, highly recommended.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.