Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Owners Roll Call
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
r_towle
Are there many 914 owners who also love some 911 magic?
garrettlee2
Click to view attachment still along ways from magic
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Arno914
Shure! smile.gif

´87 Carrera "Limited Edition". One of 867 made. In love with it since 2002. driving.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
jrmdir
Click to view attachment
Freezin 914
78 SC
74ravenna
I sold this in the Spring, so technically I'm not a current owner, but I'm looking to replace it with another one.

Click to view attachment
rgolia
89 Targa......she has 66k miles. Fun ride
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Working on it welder.gif
Bullethead
Our two keepers, a '67 S and a '68 Targa Sportomatic. At one point we had two others, a '68 R replica racer (as well as a 6GT) and '68 S Targa Sporto. That was a rare oddball.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ejm
81 SC

Click to view attachment
dhuckabay
Have a harem of them. oldest is a 75 s, newest a GT2RS. Most originals, two highly modified. Still like to drive the teeners.
Van B
A beacon on the hill driving.gif
Jett
We have a 77 Targa and TT water pumper…but the 914’s get way more seat time smile.gif
gandalf_025
Wife still has her 86…
Don’t think I’ve ever used the word “Magic”
in the same sentence with it..??

Click to view attachment
Jett
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Nov 29 2021, 06:34 AM) *

Our two keepers, a '67 S and a '68 Targa Sportomatic. At one point we had two others, a '68 R replica racer (as well as a 6GT) and '68 S Targa Sporto. That was a rare oddball.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Beautiful collection!
markhoward
78 SC owned since 2007
Click to view attachment
Beach914
Click to view attachment
930cabman
QUOTE(dhuckabay @ Nov 29 2021, 09:59 AM) *

Have a harem of them. oldest is a 75 s, newest a GT2RS. Most originals, two highly modified. Still like to drive the teeners.

+1, lighter, better balance. One of the best designs ever

Currently a 1975 911S and 1987 turbo cab in the stable, both rust free, running
flyer86d
The 68 911 project nearing completion.Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
I think I am going to be evil and rename this thread "Donor Car Roll Call".

happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif
Wew
My RSR outlaw with my other work in progress.

jfort
I've been very blessed. But the six is still my favorite

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Dave97
Air cooled
jims914
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jims914
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
Click to view attachment

My 69' T- Bahama Yellow
Shivers
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 29 2021, 01:03 PM) *

I think I am going to be evil and rename this thread "Donor Car Roll Call".

happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif

I was thinking it drooley.gif
Mikey914
Yep. Got one, starting to make parts for these too happy11.gif
1980 911 SC Just upgraded the chain tensioners to oil lubricated. The paint has spots that need some attention, Interior is original but leather on base of seats are torn. I have refurbished the steering wheel leather wrap.
rgalla9146

Yes, 1969 911 S Blutorange, tan interior.
European delivery
Sunroof, AC, Sport seats, numbers match.
No pictures.
Needs attention.

Man there are some beautiful cars in this group....Holy Cow !

yellowporky
Of course 2008 c4s
Click to view attachment
tygaboy
2019 991.2 GTS
I simply had to have one. Great lesson learned:
Wonderful to drive, worrisome the rest of the time. Nervous wherever it was parked other than at home. OMG, will it get a rock chip today? Stupid quick and fast, limits WAY too high for the street.
Turns out, I don't want an awesome super-duper car! Sold it after a year.
jim912928
My 80 911sc updated with factory wide body parts…

Click to view attachment
bkrantz
Many of you have probably seen this lurking in the background in my build photos. 2017 C2. It serves as an opposite of my 914: bought brand new (and perfect), and not for wrenching on--at least not much.
framos914
Click to view attachment
75 914 and 2001 996
Shivers
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Porsche chowtime.gif
gms
1969 911 E
SKL1
Have had at least one in the stable since my '90 964 C4 coupe. Love them all but my '71 914 (which I've had since new) will always be my sentimental favourite...
campbellcj
I got this 2009 997 Turbo 6-speed back in 2014 and still really love it, except the black is a pain. The torque is just monstrous with the stage 2 mods and as @tygaboy noted about the 991, it's basically too fast for public roads.

IPB Image
Cornerlot
Currently mates are a 2010 Boxster S, 1995 911 cab, and a 1977 911S targa.

Click to view attachment
Van B
I think my favorite theme about this thread is that we all have a 914 because there is just nothing like em!
FRUNKenstein
‘02 996tt X50

Click to view attachment
infraredcalvin
How about a ‘76 911 Turbo Carrera, still need a shot of them all together…
Click to view attachment
TomE
Click to view attachment 81SC and yes it did come with the whale tail. Third Porsche I bought. 72 914 it's gone and then a 74 914 1.8 about to become a 2.2E in the near future. I have had the SC almost 20 years now.
Atech
My 79 backdate 3.2 rs
DucRS
My 1986 on a beautiful fall drive.
Click to view attachment
Spoke
'86 930

Click to view attachment
Freezin 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 29 2021, 05:44 PM) *

Yep. Got one, starting to make parts for these too happy11.gif
1980 911 SC Just upgraded the chain tensioners to oil lubricated. The paint has spots that need some attention, Interior is original but leather on base of seats are torn. I have refurbished the steering wheel leather wrap.

Not only do you have excellent taste in vehicles, you have just proven you have great taste in dogs as well! beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
1979 USA 930 anthracite/ black with some little tweaks
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
pencap914
I sold a 996 to fund the 914 project, then got sucked back in because I missed the driving experience too much. It's truly an illness. A member on the rennlist forum recently posted a very quotable quote regarding the longevity of the infamous M9X engine hung out the back of the 996:

"If you spend more than 5 minutes on this forum you'll learn quickly that they are all time bombs and a proper PPI cost about $2500

so ignore this forum, do some due diligence and use your common sense. Regular maintenance and it should last several tens of miles before the inevitable $35,000 rebuild that can never be verified or confirmed."

Owning a 996 does feel a bit like playing a game of Russian Roulette after reading all the horror stories. I know the probability of a catastrophic failure of this engine is 100%. I just hope to get some enjoyment out of it before that happens.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.