Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seat core price/desirability?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 RZ-1
I have 3 seats that are good for cores only since the vinyl and cushions are trashed. What are these worth these days? I'll post them for sale in the WTB forum, but wanted some idea of pricing and desirability before I did. I couldn't find any for sale when I looked them up, hence this post.
I'll do pictures later.
914 RZ-1
Picture:

Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
Not much really.

Sometimes the drivers seat will crack at the bend and sometimes the early cars get updated to the separate pass seat.

The foam isn't currently being reproduced and it's the same on both sides, so that has value.

Cores seem to go to people looking to mod into "sport" seats (side bolsters).
Sprout
I bought an original driver's side seat with no tears in the upholstery for $100, if that gives you an idea of the value of cores.
mepstein
I give away cores so I don’t have to throw them away.
abes914
I tried to give away my pair of seat cores and twice they changed their mind. 3rd one is the charm and someone local was in need of one and it got picked up.
billh1963
Several years ago I wound up throwing a pair away. So many cars have been scrapped there are way more seats out there than cars to put them in.
cary
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 9 2021, 03:50 AM) *

Several years ago I wound up throwing a pair away. So many cars have been scrapped there are way more seats out there than cars to put them in.

Me too ................
But here at Middlemotors everything but the core gets tossed.
GaroldShaffer
I just sold a pair for $50
914 RZ-1
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ May 9 2021, 06:17 PM) *

What condition were they in? Were they just cores or did they have cushions and vinyl?
Andyrew
A pack of beer a piece is what I would charge for those.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 11 2021, 09:13 AM) *

A pack of beer a piece is what I would charge for those.

Are you saying you’d take them if he gave you three packs of beer? shades.gif
jasons
You gotta figure, there's 2 of those for every car that rusted off the road. I sent some to the dump.
shelby/914
I gave mine away to keep them out of the dumpster.

Dan
ssuperflyoldguy
Need a couple in the Bay Area for someone in the Lotus community if anyone has some that'll get thrown away

QUOTE(shelby/914 @ May 11 2021, 10:00 AM) *

I gave mine away to keep them out of the dumpster.

Dan

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ May 10 2021, 04:01 PM) *

QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ May 9 2021, 06:17 PM) *

What condition were they in? Were they just cores or did they have cushions and vinyl?

They were complete, but needed to be recovered because of rips on the cushion and side bolsters
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.