Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a mechanic in the Pasadena area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grosbard
Hi all,

I'm looking for a mechanic in the Pasadena, CA area to do some straightforward brake work for me (I don't trust myself with brakes, yet) and refill my air conditioning. I would really appreciate any recommendations from my fellow members! In addition to mechanics that specialize in Porsche, I'm open to an air-cooled VW mechanic also (they might treat the 914 with more respect than a Porsche shop would). Thanks in advance!
Coondog
QUOTE(Grosbard @ May 7 2021, 02:48 PM) *

Hi all,

I'm looking for a mechanic in the Pasadena, CA area to do some straightforward brake work for me (I don't trust myself with brakes, yet) and refill my air conditioning. I would really appreciate any recommendations from my fellow members! In addition to mechanics that specialize in Porsche, I'm open to an air-cooled VW mechanic also (they might treat the 914 with more respect than a Porsche shop would). Thanks in advance!

Take a 30 minute drive to Aase motors in Fullerton. They have specialized in 914s for many years.
Grosbard
Thanks for the suggestion! I just looked up Aase Motors and read that Aase is the founder’s last name. Wow, he won the alphabetic listing lottery, didn’t he! biggrin.gif

Any other suggestions from the group for some place better and/or closer (looks like Aase is an hour or slightly more away from me depending on traffic)? If not, I’ll go Aase!
burton73
TRE Motorsports
Address: 15854 Strathern St, Van Nuys, CA 91406

Phone: (818) 909-9220

https://tremotorsports.com/ Dave B. has vast experience

I know Dave from 1980 on

Good People

Bob B
Tangerine914
I love my mechanic Peter at Stutt Car on Walnut. He is BUSY & sometimes takes weeks to get an appointment, but he loves 914’s & will work with you in an emergency. Highly recommend him.
Thunderchief
I second the Peter recommendation
Rotary'14
Hi,
I live not too far from Pasadena, I'm laid off due to CV19. I'm an ASE certified mechanic. I can teach you how to do your brakes in your garage, because 914s are easy. I will bring needed tools except for floor jack. How extensive of a brake job do you need? do you need calipers rebuilt?

For AC,, a general AC service place can do that,, you don't need Porsche specific.
Maltese Falcon
MAT
Modern Auto Technology
2243 E. Washington Blvd.
Pasadena
Owner is Art, and he's a Dealer trained technician with 3 decades of experience. He's worked on all of my Air Cools' driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.