Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD, Set of 16 Replated Alloy Bolts $135 shipped
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
This is a set of original alloy wheel lug bolts that have been clear zinc plated. All threads were checked in a thread die.
$135 shipped.
davep
Nice set, and a good price. Look through the set and see if you can find one showing the K & X on the tip; Kamax was the manufacturer.
bdstone914
QUOTE(davep @ Jan 19 2021, 08:31 PM) *

Nice set, and a good price. Look through the set and see if you can find one showing the K & X on the tip; Kamax was the manufacturer.

All of them have the K. Some do not have the X or K as it fell into the void area. I did find some with a smaller font K or K. Also found some others not in this set that do not have the VW log and the K X marings. They also have what appear to be drawn marks on the flats and a more flat center on the domed end.

@davep
bdstone914
Last pic.
mepstein
Great deal. Usually unplated sets sell for this or more.
Jett
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 20 2021, 08:42 AM) *

Great deal. Usually unplated sets sell for this or more.

agreed... I bought a set for $100 and paid $50 to have them plated...
davep
Original bolts will have the VW logo, and also have an unthreaded portion below the head. Yes, there are two different fonts I have seen for the KX with a small difference in unthreaded length. All 50+ bolts I have are VW marked, the silver plate is dull and presumably cadmium with a layer of copper plating on the steel. I have a local plater that can do the copper and cadmium layers for an original finish. I am hoping to gather several more sets to get a bulk price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.