Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repainting wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
I am repainting the Pedrini wheels on my car. Has anyone found a spray paint that comes close to the factory silver color? Tired a couple of Duplicolor silvers but either too shiny or really bright silver color.
Thanks for the recommendations
Ed
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Jan 16 2021, 07:53 PM) *

I am repainting the Pedrini wheels on my car. Has anyone found a spray paint that comes close to the factory silver color? Tired a couple of Duplicolor silvers but either too shiny or really bright silver color.
Thanks for the recommendations
Ed

Thought Pedrinis were anodized
Craigers17
Here is my favorite thread on the topic. Although they aren't Pedrinis, I think the color is great and he did an awesome job.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=110752
JeffBowlsby
Wurth silver wheel paint
Olympic 914
I have used a paint color called Argent silver. Bought it at a paint shop, but Eastwood sells it in spray cans. Maybe others do to.

bandjoey
If you like the dark look...
Duplicolor grey undercoat plus clear topcoat.
Mayne
I second Wurth. I've used it on Porsche and Alfa Romeo wheels and it looks quite a bit like a factory finish.
wonkipop
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Jan 17 2021, 09:41 AM) *

I have used a paint color called Argent silver. Bought it at a paint shop, but Eastwood sells it in spray cans. Maybe others do to.

argent silver was used on aussie fords standard steel wheels for years by the factory here. i got a feeling also vw australia may have used it when they were here in late 60s/70s. its pretty close if not the real thing for 914s. i've had my spare side by side with a wheel from a late 80s falcon ute and i can't tell much of a difference either, not that the 74 914 steel is an aussie vw. but thats for standard steel wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.