Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Rubber Speaker Pods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sjhenry1075
Hey everyone. Happy New Year! So is everyone else spending their stimulus on their 914's?

To anyone else who has purchased the speaker pods from 914rubber, what is the best way to cut out the center portion of the pod?
Chris914n6
It's ABS so anything, but watch the heat as it will melt back together and need extra work to make pretty. Also if you can smell it take a break as you don't want to be inhaling the fumes.
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 13 2021, 02:33 PM) *

It's ABS so anything, but watch the heat as it will melt back together and need extra work to make pretty. Also if you can smell it take a break as you don't want to be inhaling the fumes.

Excellent, thank you for your response!
lierofox
For mine I measured the speaker's lip dimensions, then marked and drilled a hole in the center of the opening in the pod for a pivot, and used a dremel with a circle cutting jig. The ones I got were the fiberglass ones though, not the ABS plastic.
Mikey914
They will cut the same, and the ABS will not leave the glass splinters. One of the reasons we went to ABS
A 5" hole saw works well too.
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 14 2021, 03:34 AM) *

They will cut the same, and the ABS will not leave the glass splinters. One of the reasons we went to ABS
A 5" hole saw works well too.

Excellent, thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.