Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not all SOLD: '70 parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pezz
UPDATE:
The entire '70 did not sell. hissyfit.gif
Body parts are moving. driving-girl.gif
Engine and trans, glass, lights, and more are here.
It is a transplant donor now.
Please PM me if you are interested in any parts.
Thanks
icon_bump.gif
icon_bump.gif
Superhawk996
Stumps are a nice touch!
seanpaulmc
PM sent on wiring harnesses

Thanks,
Sean
Bucci
Does anybody know how many cars they made in 1970..?
Pezz
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 14 2021, 09:41 PM) *

The VIN #47029-05984
The title is clear.

Pezz
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 13 2021, 05:06 AM) *

Stumps are a nice touch!

Copy that, ready for Baja!
sawzall-smiley.gif
Pezz
Forgot to add that there are tires and rims so that it rolls.
It steers.
There are no brakes.
Thanks for asking ~
Bucci
Thank you for the information, I googled it and I got similar numbers from Wikipedia. Going by the numbers on the “world” this would be a low production car first year in manufacturing. That should be more desirable for somebody, I hate to see another 1970 vehicle go. If you think about the 911 ‘s, 356 ’s any first your vehicle is now hitting higher numbers..!

QUOTE(Pezz @ Jan 15 2021, 07:05 AM) *

The VIN #47029-05984
The title is clear.

Ace Le Count
PLEASE DON'T CUT IT UP!
Krieger
Doesn't look that rusty. Post more pictures of the battery tray area and jack points, interior floor area.
Pezz
QUOTE(Bucci @ Jan 15 2021, 09:26 AM) *

Thank you for the information, I googled it and I got similar numbers from Wikipedia. Going by the numbers on the “world” this would be a low production car first year in manufacturing. That should be more desirable for somebody, I hate to see another 1970 vehicle go. If you think about the 911 ‘s, 356 ’s any first your vehicle is now hitting higher numbers..!

QUOTE(Pezz @ Jan 15 2021, 07:05 AM) *

The VIN #47029-05984
The title is clear.

Yes, it is harsh to see it get cut up. It is here if someone wants to get serious. It is too much for me.
Pezz
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 15 2021, 04:13 PM) *

Doesn't look that rusty. Post more pictures of the battery tray area and jack points, interior floor area.

Let's see ....

battery box at top of photo.
Click to view attachment

cockpit
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I'll take some more photos...
Thanks
Pezz
QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ Jan 15 2021, 03:55 PM) *

PLEASE DON'T CUT IT UP!

Yeah, it is harsh to continue what was started before I got it.
Take it away, someone...
Pezz
More background...
I don't know a lot about the guts of a 914. So I took on this car to learn some things (reverse engineering). My intent was passionate to get it running again, but as I got deeper into the car, the problems got a lot deeper, and I don;t have deep pockets. I have a nice '75 1.8L that is the inspiration for this odyssey with the '70 1.7L.

And so... as I looked closer at this '70...
Some of the body welds appear to be "stretched". The engine seems slightly skewed compared to the engine compartment. Also there are some unusual vertical shims between the body and the trailing arms. And there is an extra tranny.
I surmise from this evidence that the body was damaged seriously in the accident, getting hit on driver's door seems to have "bent" the car body around the impact, and the engine and tranny got tweaked, perhaps tranny damage after running it while tweaked.

The rusted out cockpit and dash is because the roof and windows were leaking and filling the car with water. The rest of the car is not that corroded. The salvage man I got it from was driving it around town 11 or 12 years ago. I knew him then, and he did not want to sell it then. And so it sat in his yard getting rusty. He is now in his 90s, and so I got it with the title, but he could not find the keys. He has a few hundred cars in his yard.

And so, to cut, or not to cut?
headbang.gif
cary
I too believe over the horizon a 1970 will become a sought after model.
I'm working on one right now.

PM me your address.
sixnotfour
Nose cut right behind headlights ...asap friend driving through area... lmk
stownsen914
QUOTE(Pezz @ Jan 16 2021, 08:54 AM) *

Also there are some unusual vertical shims between the body and the trailing arms

Those sound like alignment shims. If it has a few of them, that would be normal.
davep
Pezz, while you still have it, try to get a photo of the paint badge on the left door hinge post; upper #is the Karmann chassis #, and the lower one is the paint code. Any engine & transmission # would also be useful. We can add this car and you 1.8 to the database we have.
Dave
VIN Admin
Pezz
QUOTE(davep @ Jan 19 2021, 06:39 PM) *

Pezz, while you still have it, try to get a photo of the paint badge on the left door hinge post; upper #is the Karmann chassis #, and the lower one is the paint code. Any engine & transmission # would also be useful. We can add this car and you 1.8 to the database we have.
Dave
VIN Admin

Hello Dave,

Appreciate your message and your efforts to make 914World function.
I found how to input my VIN into the World database. My '75 1.8L has a COA for VIN# 4702903500. Scarlet (Mars) Red H3 on the COA. Maybe you can check to see if I did it correctly. The paint code H3 was not listed on 914World, or I did not find it, so I chose the name. I can recover the engine/trans numbers, which I sent in, but are not on the COA (surprised me).

Photo of the door badge on the 1970 is below. Color L96D is Silver Metallic..Silver Poly... hardly visible, but it is there.
I'm rather disappointed that I could not do more with this car. I wanted to save it, but don't have the resources. A builder in Portland is interested in it; so it may have a life, or at least is a transplant donor.

Thank you,
Pezz

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

My '75 -- 45 years with me...
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.