Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914-6 Coupe Prototype
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mulsanne79
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1231993
pete000
Fugly and rare GLWS
mepstein
Am I correct that it's a prototype for a car using a 914-6 chassis and engine but not a prototype for Porsche?

bretth
Just get a V8 AMC Gremlin for 1% of the price and call it good.
Jett
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 12 2021, 01:41 PM) *

Am I correct that it's a prototype for a car using a 914-6 chassis and engine but not a prototype for Porsche?

from the site:

The car bears Porsche serial number 1300005, showing that this is a pre-series car.

The idea was to create a GT coupe version of the 914 with the 911 Flat 6 engine. A more refined, luxury version of the 914. The car was well received by the press and people were ready to place orders for it. Heuliez started discussions with Porsche to start production. However, they were working with Karmann and would'nt want any conflict with their coach builder. Project got cancelled as Heuliez would'nt risk to go alone on that project.
mepstein
QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 12 2021, 10:05 PM) *

from the site:

The car bears Porsche serial number 1300005, showing that this is a pre-series car.

The idea was to create a GT coupe version of the 914 with the 911 Flat 6 engine. A more refined, luxury version of the 914. The car was well received by the press and people were ready to place orders for it. Heuliez started discussions with Porsche to start production. However, they were working with Karmann and would'nt want any conflict with their coach builder. Project got cancelled as Heuliez would'nt risk to go alone on that project.

I read that paragraph but I wasn't clear if it was going to be a Porsche or another brand.
gulf908
its rare for a reason . . .
the Tapiro was a much better looking car - Italian verses French styling ?
$25 K would be more like it

cheers
Dennis smile.gif
Jett
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 12 2021, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 12 2021, 10:05 PM) *

from the site:

I read that paragraph but I wasn't clear if it was going to be a Porsche or another brand.

I think it was a pre-series 6 that the factory gave (or sold) to Heuliez with the potential that Porsche would take the car to production, but the conflict with Karman apparently caused too much conflict.
jim_hoyland
Hmmm....
Montreal914
Tail lights borrowed from the Renault 12 smile.gif we can see the angled outer upper corner.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jay Wellwood
There's a reason why it's rare - it's Fugly
RARE 6
QUOTE(Jay Wellwood @ Jan 14 2021, 04:45 AM) *

There's a reason why it's rare - it's Fugly

Ah, the French. Just like you'd expect a Cit(roenP)orsche to look.
stownsen914
I remember seeing a pic of this thing in Excellence Was Expected as some kind of prototype or design experiment. Glad they didn't take it to production.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.