Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: old style center console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Tombo914
Hello

I am looking for a center console for a 1970 914 in good condition in charcoal.

Best regards
Markus
mepstein
Also called a deposit box.

welcome.png
Tombo914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 11 2021, 09:18 PM) *

Also called a deposit box.

welcome.png

Thanks,

didn't know that. I usually call it Mittelkonsole smile.gif
BillJ
I have two of them in so-so condition. Both are charcoal carpet. Will get you some pics when i pull them out
Tombo914
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 11 2021, 11:52 PM) *

I have two of them in so-so condition. Both are charcoal carpet. Will get youn some pics when i pull them out

Great and thanks, looking forward to it
sixnotfour
Interested in one also..
Sprout
I came across this site and they sell a center deposit box for $75. Not an exact replica, but looks nice and sturdy. Has anyone bought one? Or anything else from this company?

http://www.914ap.com/consoles.html
mepstein
QUOTE(Sprout @ Jan 12 2021, 09:58 AM) *

I came across this site and they sell a center deposit box for $75. Not an exact replica, but looks nice and sturdy. Has anyone bought one? Or anything else from this company?

I bought one from him years ago and it was nice and worth the money. Sturdier than the stock pressboard one. I don’t screw it into the pad. I just lay it in the car for longer trips and it stays put.

Center consoles aren’t great if you have big wide feet.
Tombo914
QUOTE(Sprout @ Jan 12 2021, 09:58 AM) *

This is great! Thanks for sharing.
BillJ
Those look really nice and a good value. If they also bend inward like the originals do it may achieve the feat of not impacting big feet.
Pics in next post for the ones i have. They are fairly rough actually. Both need recovering and i have to find the other bracket. If someone wanted to recover they both have decent boards underneath. As Mepstein suggests they have some flex when not attached. With bracket $25 plus shipping is what i would ask.

I will also look for more I may have some in a different storage unit.
BillJ
Pics
BillJ
Carpet looks like it is black
BillJ
Last
Tombo914
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 12 2021, 11:56 AM) *

Last

Thanks Bill,

this is definitely a very fair price, but I am looking for something in a nicer condition. In this case I guess I am going to order a new one.

I am sure it is not a problem to restore the boxes for somebody who is a little more talented than me. smile.gif

So thanks again and best regards
Markus

BillJ
yes no worries at all. As i said the new ones seem to be a good deal. If someone has materials and talent these would be a good foundation for restoration.
rgalla9146
PM sent
rgalla9146
In excellent condition. $100. plus shipping.
rgalla9146
More
Tombo914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 13 2021, 09:19 AM) *

More

PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.