Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD DLRA Dellorto 40's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
nditiz1
SOLD

Nice used set in working condition. These were running on my 74 2.0 and were pulled as a test to try different carbs regarding my overheating issue. I have the corssbar linkage if you so desire.

Will throw in the CB performance intake manifolds and decent used spacer gaskets so its a complete bolt on if someone wants to go that route.

$600 for the carbs bolt on ready NOW $575$550 $530 $510

Edit* CSP Linkage is NLA - Crossbar will go with the Dells, unless I can talk you out of it.

Main - 140
Air - 180
Idle - 60
Vents - 34

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
jaredmcginness
I'll be tempted to pick these up when I am back in MD in a few weeks if still available.
nditiz1
Hey Jared,

If they are that would be an easy transaction since I don't need to ship. I sent you a PM on a possible pkg deals for my 2.0 engine I will be pulling.

Nick
drifter914
So, I need to ask... were these carbs the source of the over heating issue ?
sad.gif
nditiz1
They were not. I swapped over the Weber IDFs I had and the issue was the same. So that test did two things. It told me that the Dells were in good working order AND that it made me dig deeper into finding the issue. Huge leak between cylinder and head. 30% leakdown loss.
nditiz1
Weekend price drop
$575 for the bolt on dellortos with hex bar.
nditiz1
RTR (Ready to Run) Carbs
Another drop $550 for the below:

IPB Image

nditiz1
$530 Bump
nditiz1
Another $20 off, $510 NOW

Pair this with a nearly new Pertronix SVDA I'm selling and you will be on your cruising way.
flat4guy
I have these on my 71 - good carbs. GLWS
JamesJ
Hello...a couple of ?s
Can you tell me why you did not reinstall these after you determined they were not the source of the heating problem?
I have a pair of Weber 40s on a 2.2 four cylinder. They seem to work fine.
How would you compare drivability and performance between the two types of carburetors?
nditiz1
@JamesJ - I actually removed the webers as well. I don't need two sets of carbs in my house with no 4 cyl to run them on. After it was determined that the issue with overheating was due to the engine and not anything else I decided to abandon the 4cyl. Im going to keep the webers and throw them on my beetle since I have several jets and pieces for webers. If I had not already invested in weber jets and venturis from my previous 914 I would be selling the webers since the Dells seemed more powerful. They seemed to have a better midrange which is where I usually find my street driving.
JamesJ
I see. I think the Webers are a bit choppy around town and wondering if the Dells might smooth things out a bit. I appreciate the feedback and am going to do some more research.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.