Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Further speedo drive seal issues,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
Small leak @ the angle drive,done the housing seal and while under the car found the leak was coming out the cable drive and leaking down there.
Sure I had a shaft seal that I bought some time ago and after a search think I found it.
Can anyone confirm it is 10 x 18 x 6mm ?.
TIA.
bdstone914
porschetub
date='Jun 2 2020, 09:05 PM' post='2821572']
Small leak @ the angle drive,done the housing seal and while under the car found the leak was coming out the cable drive and leaking down there.
Sure I had a shaft seal that I bought some time ago and after a search think I found it.
TIA.
[/quote]

Tip on removing the old seal. Carve out the pladtic with a knife. Screw in a lug bolt (14 x 1.5 ). It will catch the lip of tbe metal vup and pull it out.
The washer sticks to the top of the seal. Dig it out first.
I have a new batch of the speedo drive bushings reworked with the second groove to
reduce leaks. Or if you have access to a lathe cut a second groove the same size as the oroginal groove.
porschetub
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Jun 4 2020, 02:45 AM' post='2821668']
porschetub
date='Jun 2 2020, 09:05 PM' post='2821572']
TIA.
[/quote]

Tip on removing the old seal. Carve out the pladtic with a knife. Screw in a lug bolt (14 x 1.5 ). It will catch the lip of tbe metal vup and pull it out.
The washer sticks to the top of the seal. Dig it out first.
I have a new batch of the speedo drive bushings reworked with the second groove to
reduce leaks. Or if you have access to a lathe cut a second groove the same size as the oroginal groove.
[/quote]

Found the original packaging and all is good I have the right one.
Thanks for the tip Bruce ,never done one of these before beerchug.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.