Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone have a 914 with the engine and tranny that the want to sell for under 3k?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ace Le Count
Looking to buy a good 914 project with minimal rust, decent body, and with an engine and tranny. Let me know what you've got!
914werke
wrong forum smile.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ Jun 2 2020, 10:17 AM) *

Looking to buy a good 914 project with minimal rust, decent body, and with an engine and tranny. Let me know what you've got!

Best of luck for that money...true.
For that money you will get a reasonable body with worn out motor (1.7) and suspect trans , suspension and brakes,unless you are great @ DIY you will be a money pit.
Pop over to the WTB section for better results,good luck.
Gatornapper
Sorry. I bought the last one on the planet like that in 2017....with great body, engine and tranny......a gift from above/miracle in my thinking.

But I believe in miracles - so maybe you'll find another....

GN

QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ Jun 1 2020, 04:17 PM) *

mepstein
Under 3K gets you a rusty parts car.
crowan85183
QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ Jun 1 2020, 05:17 PM) *

I have a 76 2.0
AZBanks
QUOTE(crowan85183 @ Jun 1 2020, 07:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ Jun 1 2020, 05:17 PM) *

I have a 76 2.0

Joined today, first post. Nothing fishy here.
porschetub
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Jun 2 2020, 01:37 PM) *

Sorry. I bought the last one on the planet like that in 2017....with great body, engine and tranny......a gift from above/miracle in my thinking.

GN

Really GN and how much have you spent ?,for another 3K-4k+ you can buy a better car for way cheaper than fixing a shiter...that was my point.
A driver car is a much better option then you drive it and sort all the issues as you go...much better start,rolling resto's are easy.
Besides Marks answer was 100%.
Coondog
I found this one for you ......... lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Click to view attachment
Gatornapper
Thought I was just confirming what both of you said.......

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 1 2020, 11:15 PM) *

GN

Really GN and how much have you spent ?,for another 3K-4k+ you can buy a better car for way cheaper than fixing a shiter...that was my point.
A driver car is a much better option then you drive it and sort all the issues as you go...much better start,rolling resto's are easy.

Nogoodwithusernames
Four years ago that $3k price point got me a running driving 2.0 914 that all I've done really is new SS fuel lines, new brake lines and calipers from PMB and a few small little fixes. biggrin.gif I did opt to change out the Rivieras because I think they're ugly but that's personal preference. driving.gif
get off my lawn
QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ Jun 1 2020, 03:17 PM) *

1974 Porsche 914 project - $2000 (North Hills)
condition: fair
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: white
size: sub-compact
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: coupe
I have a 1974 projects car in an Olympic Blue for sale. Car is NON-running and has sat since 96. Car has been stripped down and are ready for body work to be done. 1.8 liter motor still installed and turns. Installed with side shift tranny. I picked it up last October for restoration. All has to go due to loss of job and funds to continue it.
The car is recently titled non op to me.
PLEASE READ txt files on the Google drive as to what needs to be done. links will show more pictures and a better picture what needs to be done. Priced to sell at $2000. Firm No response will be given unless a phone number or valid email is confirmed.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/...jfol5zVBisLf1S8
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d...7130741158.html

bkrantz
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 1 2020, 11:15 PM) *

GN

But what fun is that?

And not sure what you mean by a rolling resto. Anything that is like a true restoration requires some amount of disassembly, and often taking the same things apart to fix different things--and taking things apart multiple times sounds like more work. smash.gif
get off my lawn
BTW, I would also be interested in buying a $15,000 914 for under $3000.

Just in case he passes on one poke.gif sunglasses.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(get off my lawn @ Jun 4 2020, 11:30 AM) *

BTW, I would also be interested in buying a $15,000 914 for under $3000.

Just in case he passes on one poke.gif sunglasses.gif

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif ,very true ,I bought a clean low mileage restored roller including g/box and huge amount of upgrades to a "6" already fitted and included.
No regrets as I payed around $7200usd when our dollar was strong back then dry.gif .
So many of these cars in this price range get resold after the owner pulls it apart and finds a shitstorm of rust and mechanical issues all which are not cheap on these cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.