Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB -Thresholds and carpet strips (black in aluminum NOT plastic)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
You know me, if I'm in a position to save you all some money, I'll pass it on.
We are doing another large run of the thresholds and carpet strips.

The "chrome" is an anodized finish so they will not dull. The black are not like the factory part in that it was plastic. This is especially annoying in that the carpet strips sag when you tighten down the screws. The aluminum does not do this. We hard coat anodize these with the black dye so that they are extremely difficult to scratch. In fact it had an aluminum oxide "shell" that keeps it from scratching.

I'm looking at doing a kit that includes the push rivets and screws (black nickel coated for the black sills)

Would need 10 takers of each flavor. and would be at least $60 off, more if we get more takers, the silver could be even more as the finishing costs are less.

Who's interested?
davep
I'd be interested in a black set; the plastic parts are really cheesy.
Robarabian
I am interested but would like to know the price versus the discount (which is quite generous)
Rods914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 25 2020, 09:11 PM) *

The "chrome" is an anodized finish so they will not dull. The black are not like the factory part in that it was plastic. This is especially annoying in that the carpet strips sag when you tighten down the screws. The aluminum does not do this. We hard coat anodize these with the black dye so that they are extremely difficult to scratch. In fact it had an aluminum oxide "shell" that keeps it from scratching.

I'm looking at doing a kit that includes the push rivets and screws (black nickel coated for the black sills)

Would need 10 takers of each flavor. and would be at least $60 off, more if we get more takers, the silver could be even more as the finishing costs are less.

Who's interested?

I am interested in a black set. Thanks!
yellowporky
i will take a black set please
dt4
Silver set please
DRPHIL914
black set here too
barefoot
Interested in a silver set
Barefoot
dlee6204
Interested
VoPo914
I am interested in a Black set.
restore2seater
I am interested in a black set.

Mark,
I realize your website shows what they look like, but they look more like a drawing could you post a picture of each type? @Mikey914
mmichalik
I'll take two sets, in black
StarBear
Yep; I'll take a black set!
Root_Werks
I'd be in for a black set.
bbrock
QUOTE(restore2seater @ May 26 2020, 08:23 AM) *

I am interested in a set.

Mark,
I realize your website shows what they look like, but they look more like a drawing could you post a picture of each type? @Mikey914

Here's a pic of the black ones installed on my car. The wiggly door seal has been corrected and rocker covers soon to be painted rolleyes.gif

IPB Image
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 25 2020, 07:11 PM) *

Who's interested?

please include me for one set of the chrome 914043
Superhawk996
Silver please
scallyk9
I am interested in one black set.
JamesM
I am interested in at least one of each, black and chrome.
tygaboy
Black set for me, please.
framos914
Interested in a black set
DEC
would take
1 black set
2 silver sets
davesprinkle
I'd be interested in a set of silver, but only if they come undrilled. I need to match-drill the existing holes in the chassis.
Mikey914
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ May 26 2020, 05:25 PM) *

I'd be interested in a set of silver, but only if they come undrilled. I need to match-drill the existing holes in the chassis.

We can do that. I am assuming you want the carpet strips drilled?
-Mark
ottox914
A black set, please. LMK when this happens.
djway
Black Jack
Robarabian
1 Black set
7TPorsh
1 Black
Mikey914
Just got the black nickel screws back from finishing. These will not oxidize like the black zinc does. biggrin.gif
bob164
One silver set please.
Pappy1975
I am interested in a black set. Let me know when they are ready.
Thanks,
David
jet1
interested in a black set
mstein95
1 black set please
fiacra
Interested in a black set. Any information on pricing yet?
Mikey914
I was waiting to see how many were interested, as I can do better now than I expected. I was also waiting to get the screws together on these as the black is problematic without screws as the old ones generally are shot and why put crappy screws on a new carpet strip.

I will post up the details later today with pics.
-Mark
G e o r g e
I would go a silver and black
mdelwiche
I’ll take a black set
Mikey914
OK we're adding more and charging less!
The "package" that includes the following

2x black anodized carpet strips
2x black anodized threshold scuff plates
26x clear expansion rivets (2 extras just in case you need a spare)
12x black nickel plated carpet strip screws

Retail is $166.88

GB price is $88 for the kit in Black.
Here are some pictures of the screws in the aluminum and what's included
Mikey914
Silver will be slightly less but will include stainless screws and the clear push rivets
2x bright anodized carpet strips
2x bright anodized threshold scuff plates
12x stainless steel carpet strip screws

Kit price is $146
GB price is $84
Dobbsy
1 black kit for me please
Rikyrat
I would like a Black set
ValcoOscar
Black set for me PLEASE

Oscar
scallyk9
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 29 2020, 12:20 AM) *

OK we're adding more and charging less!
The "package" that includes the following

2x black anodized carpet strips
2x black anodized threshold scuff plates
12x black nickel plated carpet strip screws

Retail is $166.88

GB price is $88 for the kit in Black.
Here are some pictures of the screws in the aluminum and what's included

I'd like to place my order but don't see a GB setup on the website. How can I do this along with other items.
JamesJ
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 25 2020, 07:11 PM) *

Who's interested?

I’ll take one black set for sure, maybe 2 sets.
Thanks!
eric9144
I black set please beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
let me know when she how to pay, i assume you were tracking our order request they this thread?
914Sixer
Mark,
Can I get a black hardware kit? Mine has turned up missing from box.
Mikey914
We will make hardware kits available too alone for those that need them. The 1st parts should be ready at finishing Monday. I will start sending out PMs Sunday night.

Hardware kits will be listed sometime this week as these are new for us we have to get them listed alone.

Thanks all
southernmost914
Interested in a silver set!! I'm in.
Driver174
I’ll do one black set please. Thanks Mark

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.