Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early vs Late Windows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rcarson25
In the midst of a 1970 rebuild and I have a 1976 parts car. Is there any benefit to switching from the early window/regulator setup to the later style window/regulator setup? are The later style components any better or more reliable or should I just stick with the early window components and move on to another part of the car?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(rcarson25 @ Jan 18 2020, 06:25 AM) *

In the midst of a 1970 rebuild and I have a 1976 parts car. Is there any benefit to switching from the early window/regulator setup to the later style window/regulator setup? are The later style components any better or more reliable or should I just stick with the early window components and move on to another part of the car?

Later regulators are better overall, windows seal better at the front and don't
rattle.
Later regs can be adapted to early doors. A bit of fabrication is necessary.
You'll need all the later parts including the glass.
How good are the '76 doors ?
rcarson25
swapping the doors is not really an option at this point. The project car has been painted, so if I were to do it I would have to be able to swap parts over without killing the paint.
914Sixer
It can be done but not practical at this point. Probably should have been done when you were assembling body for paint.
rcarson25
Yeah definitely would have been easier, but who ever makes a project easy right? Unfortunately I didn’t have the parts car until well after the project car was painted. Thanks for the input, sounds like it saved me a ton of time fighting the conversion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.