Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Need cap for Bosch "050" distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
anderssj
Want to buy a couple new/NOS distributor caps for my old Bosch "050" distributor. Part number for the cap is 231-081-413. I've already checked with the usual suspects (Pelican Parts, CB Performance, others) and they say the cap is no longer available. sad.gif

Looks like this:

Click to view attachment

Lemme know what you've got....

Thanks in advance!

Steve Anderson

Dominic
QUOTE(anderssj @ Nov 19 2019, 04:49 PM) *

Want to buy a couple new/NOS distributor caps for my old Bosch "050" distributor. Part number for the cap is 231-081-413. I've already checked with the usual suspects (Pelican Parts, CB Performance, others) and they say the cap is no longer available. sad.gif

Looks like this:

Click to view attachment

Lemme know what you've got....

Thanks in advance!

Steve Anderson

Steve,
I found some a while back but never made the purchase, you might try these guys:

https://www.busdepot.com/9231081413

also put a 9 in the front of that part number.

I was actually looking for a rotor, since I have an 050 with a cap but no rotor blink.gif
Cheers,
Dominic

anderssj
THANKS Dom!

I'll try them tomorrow. BTW, I have a possible source for a couple 050 rotors--I'll let you know what I find out.

Steve A-

anderssj
Bus Depot says no caps on-hand, none at their suppliers, Bosch says NLA.
sad.gif
May need to start assessing other options.
914bub
Try "Glenn" on thesamba. His name is Glenn Ring. He'll have them or access to them if anybody does.
anderssj
QUOTE(914bub @ Nov 20 2019, 11:34 AM) *

Try "Glenn" on thesamba. His name is Glenn Ring. He'll have them or access to them if anybody does.

Thanks!
anderssj
icon_bump.gif

OK, I talked with Glenn. He sent me to CB Performance. They're selling what looks like a (Chinese?) knock-off of the Bosch 050 cap. I ordered one to see how well it fits/works.

Still looking for the real (Bosch) deal.

icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.