Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: dash knobs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Literati914
I need to replace the headlight knob and hazard knob on my '72 - looking for a set with descent white lettering, shipped to Dallas, TX. 75233. Thx.
BPic
I just bought some very nice inserts from Garold Shaffer on the World. Send him a PM.
914Sixer
Go to VW stores on line. Uses VW Beetle inserts.
Literati914
I still need the Headlight switch w/descent lettering (I've located a good Hazard already).

The rubber part of my headlight switch is torn and kind of bent downward, so I can not just replace the lens part.

Here's a question though... if nothing else, would my original hazard knob just transfer over to where my headlight knob is... then I could add a VW headlight lens to it (since it's rubber shell is still good) ?

My car is not close or I'd check, of course. Thanks.
FlacaProductions
Related - and I hope this isn't a hijack - has anyone "restored" the lettering on these switches - (specifically a green fog light lens?!)
mepstein
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Oct 15 2019, 09:55 PM) *

Related - and I hope this isn't a hijack - has anyone "restored" the lettering on these switches - (specifically a green fog light lens?!)

Yes, they are easy to restore. Polish the lens then fill in the lettering with a detail paint brush and off white plastic paint.
FlacaProductions
Cool. I didn't realize they actually had recessed lettering/markings.
Thanks - carry on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.