Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: right headlight eyelid not opening
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
In early morning when dark my right eyelid is not opening, have to manually open it. What are the first things to check?
mtc911
Is the other one working? I’d start with the relay - each motor has one
brcacti
Thanks MTC and where are they located, have not had this car long.
SteveL
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 8 2019, 02:20 PM) *

In early morning when dark my right eyelid is not opening, have to manually open it. What are the first things to check?

I would first check the count of empty beer bottles on the counter... drunk.gif
brcacti
Steve L. ................help, not BS please, I just got this car and am not a mechanic, easy to answer for some, is that all you have to offer is BS?
rhodyguy
P.125. The round item seen directly below the armature. There may be a rubber cover obscuring it.
mtc911
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 8 2019, 06:04 PM) *

Steve L. ................help, not BS please, I just got this car and am not a mechanic, easy to answer for some, is that all you have to offer is BS?

They are black round relays close to the motors / headlight buckets. I would swap them and see if they switch which one is working.

If not a relay could be wiring - headlight switch -

You have to be really really careful - those motors / mechanism can take a finger off

You can manually raise and lower with the little black knob on top of the motor.

If I remember correctly if you leave the relay in and slightly turn the knob on the motor it will operate up and down. (Could be wrong there)
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 8 2019, 05:04 PM) *

That was humor. It would be good to be able to recognize it.
brcacti
Thanks MTC and Rhodyguy.............will start checking things tomorrow
fiacra
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 8 2019, 04:12 PM) *

Thanks MTC and where are they located, have not had this car long.

There is a nice technical article by SirAndy about adjusting the headlight cover and it has some good pictures that show the location of all the mechanics, and the relay, associated with the headlight cover. http://www.914world.com/specs/headlight_adjustment.php

If the link doesn't work, go to "914 info" at the top right of the page, then "technical articles" and you'll find the article. Good luck and if you need the relay I'm sure somebody on the site has one available. I'm just learning these cars as well but I bet you can simply switch the two relays and if you left headlight cover now doesn't go up and right one does......

Tough to tap into a sense of humor when you are in the middle of a frustrating problem, but I'm willing to bet no offense was intended....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.