Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another one bites the dust...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tygaboy
Another "pay it forward" car found its way to my place. It's a '74 that is pretty far gone due to rust (the entire floor was essentially a pond until it rusted through) and a nasty, poor repair to the driver side rear quarter.

I'll be salvaging whatever parts I can then slice it up for anyone who needs body panels.

The engine, trans, hood and windshield are spoken for. There is no trunk lid and no interior parts. The doors have some rust.

As with the '72 I parted a couple years back, all parts will cost exactly NOTHING!

Well, OK. Not quite. You pay shipping from 94952.

Take a look at the pics and let me know if there's anything you need. If you're interested in something in particular, I'll post detailed pics and descriptions.

Here's hoping this helps some of you get your cars back on the road!

Chris
tygaboy
another
aharder
Chris,

I could use a Steering Rack Cover if it still has one.

going to 75228.
Thanks.
Allen

dt4
steering wheel available?
barefoot
Is that muffler a 2.0, or 1.7, 1.8 If the later shipping to 29420

Barefoot
euro911
74, it looks like a stock 1.8L muffler.

How much for that sail vinyl laugh.gif

poke.gif
SteveL
I would be interested in gauges and gauge panel if present.
Shipping to 55304
914bub
I'm looking for a passenger side door lock assembly. The one that the door handle assemblies,(both interior and exterior) actuates and actually does the latching to keep the door closed. I also need the hardware for the parking brake cable at the caliper. IE the nut and lock washer that secure the cable and the clip that attaches the cable to the caliper.Shipping would be to 95354.

Thanks!
poorsche914
You should go rescue this one smile.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
Interested in rear bumper and maybe front. Also, passenger side rocker panel.

Thanks!
steve
driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 7 2019, 01:01 PM) *

driving.gif

agree.gif
Chris914n6
I'm still looking for a stock 1.8 muffler for Project Ice Green. How bad is that one?
Maybe bumpers too...
aharder
I could also use both those rear Targa trim.

Thanks.
Allen
motorvated
I'll take the pedal box if it's still there.
Krieger
I'll take the trailer! happy11.gif
fiacra
Targa latches? Any of the trim around the targa top. I could use all of that. I can come pick up.

Thanks!!!
fiacra
QUOTE(fiacra @ Oct 7 2019, 05:27 PM) *

Targa latches? Any of the trim around the targa top. I could use all of that. I can come pick up.

Thanks!!!

Should read more carefully... just noticed the rear targa trim is spoken for already. I could still use the latches and the front trim. Could also use the parking brake handle/assembly if nobody else has already spoken up.
TitanMZ3
I'll take the left and right speaker covers if you still have them.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

Marc M

Zip 23455
frostyf
Chris,
Wanted to ask if the front trunk lock is still available or whether there are any letters left from the engine lid or rear?? Looking for an S from the porsche and the 914 from the back? Also are the horns available? Looking to ship to VA 23455.

When the slicing occurs what are you looking at for large cuts?? Looking for a solid left front fender?

Many thanks
Nick
914bub
I need a fog light switch, headlight switch and lighter if they're there. Should we be responding here, responding there or pm,pm'ing everywhere?
biggrin.gif
914bub

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Where is that one? I'd like to rescue the 122's on both sides of it!
Montreal914
Interested in the tunnel, even if rusted at the floor junction.

Let me know beerchug.gif

Thanks.
fiacra
QUOTE(914bub @ Oct 7 2019, 07:55 PM) *

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Where is that one? I'd like to rescue the 122's on both sides of it!

It's here in Richmond, CA. I recognize that fence and the overpass behind it. Only a few blocks from the courthouse. I've always wondered about their impressive collection of vintage Volvo's, but never realized there was a 914 mixed in! I'll help Chris load it onto his trailer happy11.gif
theleschyouknow
rear axles and cv's?
shipping to 76126

beerchug.gif
cjl

edit: aha now I see one axle and @ least one cv in the passenger footwell, still interested in what is available

beerchug.gif

tygaboy
Hi all - I am tracking each of your requests and it'll be first come, first served. I have a few immediate time commitments so give me a couple days and I'll get back to you with details.

I haven't had but a few minutes to look at the car. But have no fear, I'll do all I can to get you your requested pats(s). I'll also take pics (ahead of shipping) so you can decide for yourself if you these free parts meet your quality standards. happy11.gif

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Chris

Tdskip
Door locks and keys?

Front trunk floor if solid.

Rear trunk floor if solid.

(I know those are looooooong shots but maybe things came with it not pictured)
tygaboy
OK, @fiacra and I are going to see if we can grab the freebie in Richmond.
Updates as we do or don't succeed!
Montreal914
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Oct 7 2019, 09:01 PM) *

Let me know beerchug.gif

Thanks.

Looks like I won't be needing the tunnel after all, @bdstone914 set me up with a nice one . Pass it on to someone else. Thanks for the offer. beerchug.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Oct 9 2019, 05:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Oct 7 2019, 09:01 PM) *

Let me know beerchug.gif

Thanks.

Looks like I won't be needing the tunnel after all, @bdstone914 set me up with a nice one . Pass it on to someone else. Thanks for the offer. beerchug.gif

Good to see its going somewhere instead of being crushed as a whole,well done beer.gif .
fiacra
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 8 2019, 05:30 PM) *

OK, @fiacra and I are going to see if we can grab the freebie in Richmond.
Updates as we do or don't succeed!

Met with the guy this morning. A VA car that has been sitting here for a long time. Not sure how much can be saved, but apparently @tygaboy is always up for a challenge/adventure and looks like we will pick it up this week-end! We'll see what happens.
eeyore
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 7 2019, 12:01 PM) *

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

...and its Amazon neighbors!
lierofox
I'll gladly take the driver side rocker panel, I'm in 93446!
jb6000
If available, I need the chrome around the windshield.

Jerry Brian

bob164
Chris,
Check your PM, I am in the area again and could help you pull parts on Saturday.
Bob D.
tygaboy
I'll update the initial post with who's getting which pieces.

Plus, Fiacra and I are grabbing the other one on Sunday so I'll be adding to the available "inventory" once we see what's salvageable.

NOTE: I won't have time to start the disassembly until some time next week, at the earliest. Other time commits, etc.
Thanks in advance for your patience.

Chris
tygaboy
QUOTE(bob164 @ Oct 11 2019, 10:22 AM) *

Chris,
Check your PM, I am in the area again and could help you pull parts on Saturday.
Bob D.

Hey Bob!
PM reply sent. Thanks so much for the offer but I can't get to this for a bit.
914pipe
If available, I need the rear calipers.

Thanks
tygaboy
The free one that was in Richmond is now safe (but not at all sound!) at the Red Barn.
Big thanks to Broheen ( @fiacra ) for the assist getting it in shape to load on the trailer.
tygaboy
THIS is the sort of door gap that spells near certain death for our little cars. This one is literally folding in half due to rust that's essentially disappeared the longs.
tygaboy
The door latches looked pretty nice - until I went to use them. It instantly broke off when I went to open the door. And no, the door isn't stuck closed. I barely pulled on it...
tygaboy
Anyway, there are now two '74 parts cars here. The parting out should commence this week and I'll be in touch with those who've requested parts. sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

And there are many salvagable parts on both these cars. Stay tuned. Well, unless you have other, more important things to do!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.