Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rare Shades Travel group from San Diego/Orange County?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
Checking to see how many are going to Rare Shades on 9/14 from down in Orange County or San Diego County.

If you are interested, maybe we can all gather at Ayers Hotel in Seal Beach or some place near the 5/91 Intersection and then head to LA from there. Any other suggested meeting points are open for suggestion.

@larmo63
@steve
@914SIXXation
@jim_hoyland
Steve
Ayers hotel works for me.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 2 2019, 03:20 AM) *

Ayers hotel works for me.

We may possibly stay overnight on Friday and/or Saturday and plan to attend the Shades, El Segundo and hopefully LA Concours. We'll keep you updated as if we head up on Saturday, we'd love to meet up for a group drive in.

Really looking forward to the 9/14-15 weekend and seeing everybody!

Cheers,
Margie & Paul
driving-girl.gif piratenanner.gif
Larmo63
Ayers seems to be a good central meet up spot.
914Toy
Meet you all at Ayers Hotel - what time?
drem914
Rare Shades starts at 9.
Depart Ayers at 7:30-7:45 and we'll be in downtown LA by 8:15-8:30.
If that works for everyone?
914SIXXation
QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 2 2019, 03:35 PM) *

Rare Shades starts at 9.
Depart Ayers at 7:30-7:45 and we'll be in downtown LA by 8:15-8:30.

Hi Everybody,

Looks like our present plans are to stay in El Segundo on Friday and Saturday night
so we will see all of you at Shades ( and hopefully El Segundo and possibly LA Concours.

Should be a great group of events for us to attend.

IF our plans change and we go up to Shades on early Saturday morning instead, I'll let you know.

See you soon! Go 914!

Cheers,
Margie & Paul

drem914
Looking forward to seeing you and Paul on Saturday.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 6 2019, 10:53 PM) *

Looking forward to seeing you and Paul on Saturday.

DITTO.....

We had such a great time at our first 914World event at West Coast Ramble and feel that we have met a whole new family of enthusiastic, (yes, also wild and crazy / Larmo
) guys that we look forward to seeing more often. Greatly appreciate the welcome we received there. Attended a couple more events and then had some issues with the 914-6 that needed to be addressed.

So now that we've got the car back, it's time to get out and see everyone again while we can as we will be tied down a little bit after Paul has his hip replacement.

We are giving the 914 a cleanup this morning and will be driving in a caravan along with a large number of Porsches to the services and Celebration of Life of long time San Diego Region Porsche enthusiast and 1 in a million guy, Vince Knauf today. He is dearly missed.

See you all soon! Zoom Zoom.....

Margie & Paul
ndfrigi
Can I join you guys for Sept 14 and meet you again at Ayers Seal Beach with a boxster? And suggestion, when leaving Ayers, can we all leave the parking lot at the same time and same exit? Last time we split to 2 or 3 caravan heading to Porsche Experience Carson because of different exit out of the hotel parking lot. The reason meeting at the hotel was to have a caravan for all. Again just a suggestion! I know the possibility of getting split again during traffic but maybe just a distance away and to enjoy the caravan!
Thanks!
sb914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 7 2019, 08:11 AM) *

Can I join you guys for Sept 14 and meet you again at Ayers Seal Beach with a boxster? And suggestion, when leaving Ayers, can we all leave the parking lot at the same time and same exit? Last time we split to 2 or 3 caravan heading to Porsche Experience Carson because of different exit out of the hotel parking lot. The reason meeting at the hotel was to have a caravan for all. Again just a suggestion! I know the possibility of getting split again during traffic but maybe just a distance away and to enjoy the caravan!
Thanks!

No boxters allowed! poke.gif
Larmo63
When we leave the Ayers Hotel parking lot, we should drive out the BACK entrance. That way there is no awkward U turn onto SB Blvd.

Just a suggestion.
drem914
QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 2 2019, 01:35 PM) *

Rare Shades starts at 9.
Gather at Ayers Hotel 7:15-7:30.
Depart 7:30-7:45 Arrive at A+D Museum in LA by 8:15-8:30.

Does the above time work for everyone? Still waiting to see what the notification is from Rare Shades for cars to be displayed and that may change the time just a bit.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ Sep 7 2019, 08:45 AM) *

Thanks!

Eddy!!!!! pls!!! Well can I just ride with you as ur co-pilot?
or maybe I can tow my 914 project with the boxster!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 7 2019, 09:02 AM) *

When we leave the Ayers Hotel parking lot, we should drive out the BACK entrance. That way there is no awkward U turn onto SB Blvd.

Just a suggestion.

thanks Mr. Lawrence! smile!!!
sb914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 7 2019, 09:17 AM) *

Thanks!

My car is doa at the moment! sad.gif
ValcoOscar
See you there...around 7ish

creamsicle914.jpg white914.jpg irish914.jpg betty914.jpg olympic914.jpg signal914.jpg betty914.jpg
Carl La Fong
I'm thinking I might want to drive down for this and also the event at the car museum in El Segundo. Two events in one weekend will make the drive more worthwhile. Does anyone know the parking situation and the A&D Museum on 4th st. ?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 7 2019, 01:17 PM) *

Thanks!

He said boxter. Your Boxster should be fine... evilgrin.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 7 2019, 12:34 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 7 2019, 01:17 PM) *

Thanks!

He said boxter. Your Boxster should be fine... evilgrin.gif

ooops yup not boxster! yehey! Sorry Eddy someone noticed that. So Eddy if u want u can ride with me or u drive my boxster and I’m ur passenger. And no reason for you to go home again if it rain like last time you went home after meeting at the hotel parking. hehehe

pics from Ayers Hotel last June.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Steve
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 7 2019, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 7 2019, 09:02 AM) *

Just a suggestion.

thanks Mr. Lawrence! smile!!!

We can all follow Larmo out of the parking lot!! beerchug.gif
siverson
Which Ayers hotel is this? I am not familiar with what you guys are talking about...

-Steve
siverson
And... is this the "go to" 914 event for 9/14 in SoCal this year? Anything else further south in San Diego or Orange County?

I also have to fit in kids soccer games that afternoon... smile.gif

-Steve
Steve
@siverson
Ayers Hotel
12850 Seal Beach Blvd, Seal Beach, CA, 90740

It’s a good meeting spot for all things OC north or south for LA county events.
Right off of the 405
Larmo63
I'm an earlybird so 7:00 sounds good to me.

See you there!
oldschool
headbang.gif ....I have to work!
Coondog
I will see everyone at the event, minus my 914....... sad.gif
drem914
Just got our notice from Rare Shades and they want cars being displayed to be there, In LA, at 7am for line up and layout. I will not be able to join you on the drive up unless everyone wants to leave alot earlier.

@Steve or any others being displayed maybe want to meet up near the 5 in Irvine somewhere to head up early in the morning?
Steve
@drem914 congrats on making the cut. My car didn’t make the cut. Not original....
So I’m out in the parking lot...
drem914
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 11 2019, 10:57 AM) *

@drem914 congrats on making the cut. My car didn’t make the cut. Not original....
So I’m out in the parking lot...

Sorry about that. I'll see you there.
horizontally-opposed
Really looking forward to seeing everyone—and please come say hello!

Wondering if there is any way to get this post colorized so that others can join your caravan? I know there were some Early 911S Registry peeps wondering if they'd be accepted by high-falutin' 914 people. My my how the world changes… wink.gif

Might also be a good thing to colorize the El Segundo thread and the PCA 9/14 thread too. These events are just around the corner, and while I can't speak for the other organizers, I am pretty sure we want the same thing: For people to enjoy that's been built.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 10 2019, 08:46 PM) *

See you there!

I will be there also by 7am. Since Eddy’s 914-8 is out of commission, I’m convincing him to ride with me. Hope he is available saturday morning.

Carl La Fong
I just snagged a (relatively) good rate at the Hilton LAX. I'll see you all at both events. With the usual caveat "if the car makes it". I'll bring Elliot with me.

Steve
QUOTE(Carl La Fong @ Sep 12 2019, 05:09 PM) *

I just snagged a (relatively) good rate at the Hilton LAX. I'll see you all at both events. With the usual caveat "if the car makes it". I'll bring Elliot with me.

Congrats again on the newbie award. Thanks for bringing Elliot, we miss him.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 11 2019, 10:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 10 2019, 08:46 PM) *

See you there!

I will be there also by 7am. Since Eddy’s 914-8 is out of commission, I’m convincing him to ride with me. Hope he is available saturday morning.

sorry looks like I might not able to join but still hoping there will be change of family plan.
narino
Think I'll have her running tomorrow, but won't have windows in. Think security will be an issue?
Larmo63
QUOTE(narino @ Sep 13 2019, 11:39 AM) *

Think I'll have her running tomorrow, but won't have windows in. Think security will be an issue?

I doubt it. You should be fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.