Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73.5' 911T 2.4 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RolinkHaus
Engine is from a 911T fuel injected 2.4. 911 was fully operational when engine was removed at 90K. Serial # seen in attached photo. Delivery within 100 mile radius of Indianapolis. Engine owned by PCA member.

Asking $4500 or best offer

Click to view attachment
RolinkHaus
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
FYI that should be a 7R case very desirable...small bore case
mb911
Just talked to someone thinking about 6 today..
mepstein
That’s a good price
mepstein
DP
RolinkHaus
If you want it shipped you will have to pay or just pick it up. Road trip!!
ptravnic
Any compression numbers and has a leakdown test been done?

Interested

-pt
Larmo63
Really a fair price!!

GLWTS!!! driving.gif
RolinkHaus
No, have not done any tests. Previous owner said it was running before they pulled it.
RolinkHaus
The gentleman owned at least 6 911's.

Fully restored 73 911e and 73 914. He had a full garage of engines.
Porsche paradise!!!
RolinkHaus
Price is negotiable. Must sell.
Superhawk996
Any other views of the engine? Is it just my perception or is the front of the shroud missing or modified on the right side of the main picture?
Wegeng_Haus
I'm interested and will put together an offer. I live in Champaign, Illinois, so delivery/pick-up should be no problem. I'll message you in a day or two. Dave
RolinkHaus
Update:

Crank turns freely. Whoever buys it will probably have to travel to my house. I said price is negotiable, but not very much. I really don't want to get rid of it, but I need extra wheels for my GolfR. aktion035.gif

If you want more pics, IM your phone number. Pics too large to load.

Click to view attachment
RolinkHaus
Click to view attachment
RolinkHaus
Click to view attachment +
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jul 22 2019, 02:40 AM) *

Any other views of the engine? Is it just my perception or is the front of the shroud missing or modified on the right side of the main picture?

The air nozzle for that side isn't on the engine or it's missing. If you aren't going to have heat exchangers you can probably get or make a block off plate for that. Years ago GPR used to have them fabricated for both sides.
porschetub
Not 100% sure but think its the last/later 2.4 motor before the 2.7 looking @ the first yr CIS injection on it,it was basically a half year engine and rather rare as are the parts.
The 2.4 is a great engine IMO with the right induction,or may have value to numbers 911 guy doing a resto,good luck
RolinkHaus
Price change!!!

$4300
DennisO
Wow- that is a great price for a complete engine. I can't believe it has not sold.

GLWS

-Dennis

QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Jul 25 2019, 03:33 PM) *

Price change!!!

$4300

RolinkHaus
Still for sale. smile.gif
wes
Bump for a good deal!
Superhawk996
I hope Somebody buys this soon - I currently have two 2.0l type 4’s that are disassembled and in process of being rebuilt but I’m getting twitchy watching this one.

I need a 3rd engine project about as much as I need a case of Herpes!
euro911
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 1 2019, 09:14 AM) *

I hope Somebody buys this soon - I currently have two 2.0l type 4’s that are disassembled and in process of being rebuilt but I’m getting twitchy watching this one.

I know the feeling. I have (2) 911 motors and (1) 912 motor on engine stands in my CA garage and (2) 912 motors in my AZ garage
Superhawk996
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 1 2019, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 1 2019, 09:14 AM) *

I know the feeling. I have (2) 911 motors and (1) 912 motor on engine stands in my CA garage and (2) 912 motors in my AZ garage

first.gif These are great problems to have. lol-2.gif Somebody has to save these relics!
wes
I seriously thought about and almost did but in reality I’ve just gotten my little 4 stroker to a point of perfection spending $$ more than reasonable. So it’s now time to drive and enjoy. To the top bump!
RolinkHaus
Still available. smile.gif
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Aug 7 2019, 01:41 AM) *

Still available. smile.gif

decisions....
RolinkHaus
Sale pending smile.gif

Going to a good home beerchug.gif
Larmo63
Do it. 2.4s make really good power in a 914 chassis.

Click to view attachment
RolinkHaus
Engine back on the market.

$4300
RolinkHaus
Still available:)
mb911
Wow can't believe someone has not snatched this up.
Tdskip
So, here is the thing, I (like others here I bet) would love to scoop this up but without history and/or testing it’s a BIG roll of the dice.

Rebuilding a 911 engine can get financially out of control in an instant and even up being more than buying a known/tested good one.

mb911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Sep 2 2019, 10:25 AM) *

So, here is the thing, I (like others here I bet) would love to scoop this up but without history and/or testing it’s a BIG roll of the dice.

Rebuilding a 911 engine can get financially out of control in an instant and even up being more than buying a known/tested good one.

@tdskip I think it's pretty close to core prices..

And yes been there with a bad engine before..
RolinkHaus
Decided not to sell at this time. May look for a 912/911 roller. wink.gif
RolinkHaus
When and if I sell it. I will have the engine tested for compression, leaks, ect.
Tdskip
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Sep 2 2019, 05:56 PM) *

When and if I sell it. I will have the engine tested for compression, leaks, ect.

Hope you find a car, but if not get those tests done and you will get 50% more for the engine.

Good luck.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Sep 2 2019, 09:26 PM) *

QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Sep 2 2019, 05:56 PM) *

Hope you find a car, but if not get those tests done and you will get 50% more for the engine.

Good luck.

Tdskip,

Agree in general but only if leakdown is low (like 6%-10%). High leakdowns will only confirm that that it is indeed a core in need of a top end rebuild and/or rings and cylinders. I'm not sure you'll typically find those kinds of numbers on a 90K engine.

The problem with horizontally opposed engines is that any oil coating the cylinder walls eventually runs to the bottom via gravity. Then the rings and cylinder tend to corrode and can do so heavily depending on region. Dessert. . . not so much. Mid West with high humidity - much more likely.

Anyway the bottom line is the run-up on old 911 engines is in full swing for sure, but, unless it's a proven runner with good leak down and compression numbers, and a video showing oil pressure, the engine/core has to be priced accordingly. I think it wasn't that long ago I saw a 2.7L with video of running engine (being sold as a long block; no fan, no induction, etc.) and had decent leak downs go for something like $8500 on this forum. About 6 months ago, I missed out by about 1/2 hour on the draw for a 2.2L that McMark sold for $3K, but, it was same story, unknown provenance, no compression, no leak down numbers, with a partially completed ITB induction system that would either need carb conversion and/or a Microsquirt to be rigged up. Still would have been cool though especially with ITB's if they could be made to work!

I really did want to see this engine go for more, and I had a number in my mind that wasn't far off and would have been willing to go get it, but, I was pricing it as a core in my mind in need of complete rebuild, carbs, headers, tin, to be usable to me. We were close but never got there. There was also some really bad timing given that surgeries on my part meant I couldn't just easily do the 10 hr round trip to Indy area on a spur of the moment.

RolinkHaus -- hope you find a 911/912/or 914 to put this in. It will be a blast!
mepstein
I think the 2.7 with video was one I sold 6 or 6.5K if I recall correctly.
The idea for the buyer was to sell his 2.7 core for 3-4K and for a couple grand more, have a running engine rather than commit to a 10K rebuild of his core engine.
Superhawk996
I’ve been away from type 4 and 911 rebuilds for the better part of 20 years.

It is shocking how much just the 911 parts are now.

$10k is not an unreasonable cost to rebuild a 911 motor anymore and that assumes I get standard hobby labor assembly rate of $0.50/hr. 911 machine shop services are through the roof! In Detroit I couldn’t even find a local, universally agreed recommendation for a machine shop trusted to do 911 work.

In Detroit, local v8 work is easy and cheap to get done. However, I was referred to a guy in Ohio that used to build 911s for Stoddard as next nearest place to get High Quality 911 machine work done! It’s crazy!

RolinkHaus
SOLD!! To a great guy. smile.gif
Superhawk996
Twitchy finger got the better of me . . . .I couldn't stand to think of this one in a 912!
av-943.gif

Will go into my project eventually but it'll take me some time to cash flow a rebuild, buy one of Ben's oil tank kits, engine tin, engine mounts, headers, 914/6 muffler, probably a set of carbs . . . Ugh! I must be crazy! But oh, but, the sounds a six makes! Will likely run the 2.0L GA000099 in my chassis while I build up parts to retro this engine into my chassis.

GA004310 likely to be going up for sale immediately after it has been rebuilt to offset the cost of this 2.4L core.

Sold by a great seller. beerchug.gif Thanks!
mb911
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Sep 8 2019, 02:53 PM) *

Twitchy finger got the better of me . . . .I couldn't stand to think of this one in a 912!
av-943.gif

Will go into my project eventually but it'll take me some time to cash flow a rebuild, buy one of Ben's oil tank kits, engine tin, engine mounts, headers, 914/6 muffler, probably a set of carbs . . . Ugh! I must be crazy! But oh, but, the sounds a six makes! Will likely run the 2.0L GA000099 in my chassis while I build up parts to retro this engine into my chassis.

GA004310 likely to be going up for sale immediately after it has been rebuilt to offset the cost of this 2.4L core.

@superhawk996 . Congrats on the purchase. It will be fun to watch..
twistedstang
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Sep 8 2019, 06:53 PM) *

av-943.gif

Congrats! I was hoping to be one of the first 6 swaps in the area but I'm a few years away yet.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(twistedstang @ Sep 9 2019, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Sep 8 2019, 06:53 PM) *

av-943.gif

Congrats! I was hoping to be one of the first 6 swaps in the area but I'm a few years away yet.

@twistedstang

You still may beat me. I'm betting it will be two years before this engine is rebuilt, my chassis is fixed, and I've assembled all the conversion parts necessary.

I can't imagine either of us is the first in the area to do a conversion though certainly there are not a lot of 914's running around in the Metro Detroit area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.