Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2019 - Sept 12-15 in Banner Elk, NC - REGISTRATION CLOSED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
poorsche914
Click to view attachment

Come celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Introduction of the Porsche 914 September 12-15, 2019 in Banner Elk, NC.

REGISTRATION CLOSED

What better way to celebrate than with over 100 fellow 914 enthusiasts for a weekend of driving, showing and socializing! So finish up that project, dust off the garage queen, trailer that race car or hop in your daily driver and head to the mountains of Western North Carolina for a weekend you will not soon forget.

The fun begins Thursday afternoon with event check-in. Watch and be amazed as fellow teeners arrive and the parking area fills up with a kaleidoscope of colors.

Friday begins early with the “main event” - a drive on the area's fantastic mountain roads. With planned rest and lunch stops along the way, the daylong drive is a 914 lover's utopia.

After the drive, attendees have Friday evening free to do as they wish. Many will gather to eat dinner and then later hang out and socialize. Informal swap meets generally pop up about this time so bring parts or cash.

Saturday begins with a People's Choice Car Show followed by a “free” afternoon. During the afternoon, the event promoters will be busy preparing for the evening's Awards Banquet where upwards of $10k worth of “goodies” are given out thanks to our generous sponsors.

Sunday begins with the sound of 914s rambling out of the parking lot as the event ends and attendees head home.

Throughout the weekend there will be scheduled “clinics” demonstrating how to perform a variety of maintenance and upgrade projects. Also, a 914 Tech Quiz is generally given towards the end of the Car Show.

LODGING INFO
Best Western Mountain Lodge - Banner Elk
1615 Tynecastle Hwy, Banner Elk, NC 28604
Phone: 828-898-4571

• Mention "Okteenerfest" when booking.
• A wash station will be available and every registrant will get a towel to use for their car!
• Breakfast is free each morning.

Like us on FacebookLet us know you're going
Join our email list (form is on the website)
Check out the official web site at okteenerfest.com
DRPHIL914
awesome!! see you all there! Love Banner Elk, great roads.

driving.gif
lvnzdrm
My wife received the update from the FB page and hasn’t stopped talking about it. We had a great time last year!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
for such an event as the 50th we should be able to round up 200 914s to attend. Many of us will not be around for the 75th. Every east coast 914 guy should make an effort to attend this historic event.
914four
Looking forward to another great event and this time celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 914!
BENBRO02
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 16 2019, 11:04 AM) *

for such an event as the 50th we should be able to round up 200 914s to attend. Many of us will not be around for the 75th. Every east coast 914 guy should make an effort to attend this historic event.

George, which car are you going to bring?
poorsche914
Every east coast 914 guy should make an effort to attend this historic event.

No need to limit it to east coast teeners. We have quite a few folks who travel from west of the Mississippi to attend. beerchug.gif

driving.gif
914four
So, what is the challenge this year George?

1.) The "Import Car of the Year" for 75 cars attending biggrin.gif
2.) The M471 car for 100 cars attending smilie_pokal.gif
3.) The 916 for 150 smilie_pokal.gif
4.) All three for 200 cars attending first.gif

Minerva's 914
Happy to say my 914 is fully functional this year so I'll be there!!!

aktion035.gif
914forme
piratenanner.gif Added to the Calendar, now to get a running car lol-2.gif
dlee6204
Looking forward to it again this year. driving.gif
sholman5
Made it in 2017 in Helen. Had to cancel last year (Thank you hurricane Florence) my wife was very disappointed. We will definitely be going this year. Motor comes out next week for a clean up and seal replacement. Never got our T shirts.
GaroldShaffer
I think Julie and I will be going this year. She needs to work out the details with her job, but think we can make it.
michael7810
I’m planning to go and trying to get a second car from Phoenix to go with.
poorsche914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Mar 16 2019, 08:00 PM) *
I’m planning to go and trying to get a second car from Phoenix to go with.

You can lead all the west coast guys aktion035.gif

driving.gif
aharder
I'm going to start planning on it, even if I don't get to bring my car beerchug.gif
914pipe
I just moved a year ago to NC and this is to happen about 20 miles from where I live!!!
AWESOME!!!! GOING!!!
t collins
I'll see y'all there! piratenanner.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(914pipe @ Mar 16 2019, 10:35 PM) *

I just moved a year ago to NC and this is to happen about 20 miles from where I live!!!
AWESOME!!!! GOING!!!

You've got the Subaru conversion, right?
db9146
DANG! This is the same weekend as my daughter's 20th birthday!

North Coast Jim
Made my Hotel reservations already. Was told I was the first !!!!
ClayPerrine
Betty and I will be there.

driving.gif driving-girl.gif
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Mar 16 2019, 08:16 PM) *

I think Julie and I will be going this year. She needs to work out the details with her job, but think we can make it.

Looks like we may have 2 of us from Western Ohio heading down to Octeenerfest. If your planning to pass this way we could all caravan. We'll be taking 77 South. We'll be
trailering
Grosbard
Any locals able to recommend a hotel there?

@north coast jim - which hotel did you pick?

NYC area guys - who’s up for caravanning there?
poorsche914
QUOTE(Grosbard @ Mar 21 2019, 02:58 PM) *

The event hotel is the Best Western Mountain Lodge in Banner Elk, NC.
1615 Tynecastle Highway Banner Elk, NC 28604

Toll Free Central Reservations (US & Canada Only) 1(800) 780-7234
Hotel Direct Number +1 828-898-4571
Mention "Okteenerfest" for our special rate.

This is where all the action is based. Don't miss out by staying somewhere else poke.gif

driving.gif
cashiersjm
Room reserved and looking forward to another great event.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Grosbard @ Mar 21 2019, 02:58 PM) *

The recommended Hotel, the Best Western, in Banner Elk, See other posts for contact information
ClayPerrine
We just made reservations at the Best Western.

I am having to restrain Betty from trying to start packing for the trip. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

db9146
I'm booked!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
200 914s is the goal for the 50th
Banner Elk is a great place, and the road course is the best.
poorsche914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 23 2019, 01:24 PM) *
200 914s is the goal for the 50th
Banner Elk is a great place, and the road course is the best.

Though I think it would be awesome to see 200 914s in one spot, a more realistic goal for this event is 100+ 914s bye1.gif

driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(db9146 @ Mar 17 2019, 04:18 PM) *
QUOTE(db9146 @ Mar 23 2019, 01:20 PM) *
I'm booked!!

Priorities happy11.gif

driving.gif
sholman5
Room booked. Pedal cluster rebuilt. Tomorrow dropping the engine to replace all of the seals, battery tray and support. Can't wait.
t collins
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 23 2019, 08:45 AM) *

I am having to restrain Betty from trying to start packing for the trip. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Hey Clay, did you finish the lyrics to "Ninefourteenerville" ? lol-2.gif av-943.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(t collins @ Mar 23 2019, 07:40 PM) *

Hey Clay, did you finish the lyrics to "Ninefourteenerville" ? lol-2.gif av-943.gif

There is a thread on here with them in it.

Get a few drinks in me and I will lead the singing...
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 24 2019, 09:32 AM) *

who’s the one that brought thr “914Bourbon” from NY?
i am putting in a request m!

Helen had a great place by the river to hang out, is there somewhere like that in Banner Elk? poolside maybe .
mepstein
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 24 2019, 11:05 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 24 2019, 09:32 AM) *

who’s the one that brought thr “914Bourbon” from NY?
i am putting in a request m!

Helen had a great place by the river to hang out, is there somewhere like that in Banner Elk? poolside maybe .

The town that we ate lunch at the first day was very nice.
914pipe
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Mar 17 2019, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(914pipe @ Mar 16 2019, 10:35 PM) *

AWESOME!!!! GOING!!!

You've got the Subaru conversion, right?

That's correct. EG33 and WRX transaxle. aktion035.gif
stevend914
Room booked this morning
db9146
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 23 2019, 02:26 PM) *

QUOTE(db9146 @ Mar 17 2019, 04:18 PM) *
QUOTE(db9146 @ Mar 23 2019, 01:20 PM) *
I'm booked!!

Priorities happy11.gif

driving.gif

Well, I at least wrestled with the decision for a day or two....

Mblizzard
Booked.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
200 914s is the goal
GaroldShaffer
room booked. Really looking forward to this. beerchug.gif driving.gif drunk.gif
OLAF
We're On!

I've just booked my room at the Best Western... Wife Joyce and I will trailer down from Lorain, Ohio... This is our first teener activity and we're really looking forward to the event! Paul and Joyce Burke driving.gif
jdamiano
I have my hotel reserved! Looking forward to some twisty roads again this year. It’s hard to get more than 2 curves in a row here in Florida.
michael7810
Room booked. Looking forward to my 2nd Okteenerfest. driving.gif
Betty
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Apr 16 2019, 11:03 AM) *

Holy Carp! We didn't scare you off after my transmission exploded on the way homel?!?!?!

Banner Elk will not dissapoint!

I'm SO glad you're coming again! piratenanner.gif cheer.gif first.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(Betty @ Apr 16 2019, 03:19 PM) *

Holy Carp! We didn't scare you off after my transmission exploded on the way homel?!?!?!

Banner Elk will not disapoint!

I'm SO glad you're coming again! piratenanner.gif cheer.gif first.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif

You and Clay were great tour guides last year. I might take a more northern route but if I decide to go thru Texas I’ll plan to hook up with you guys. The exploding trans was not bad as I was in front of you, it might have been a mess behind you when the fluid dumped on your exhaust. Looking forward to seeing you guys again
Betty
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Apr 16 2019, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Betty @ Apr 16 2019, 03:19 PM) *

Banner Elk will not disapoint!

You and Clay were great tour guides last year. I might take a more northern route but if I decide to go thru Texas I’ll plan to hook up with you guys. The exploding trans was not bad as I was in front of you, it might have been a mess behind you when the fluid dumped on your exhaust. Looking forward to seeing you guys again

It looks like our paths will cross in Little Rock AR on the way to Banner Elk? Whoever goes through there last can pick up the pieces of whoever is running in front of them. happy11.gif
JFJ914
I'm in again, reservation made!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.