Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Type 4 1.8 teener, With hydraulic lifters
shane
post May 8 2021, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,518
Region Association: None

Hi, I’m trying to figure out a slightly rough running condition, I’ve looked at all the obvious things and now turned my attention to a valve adjustment. My car came with hydraulic lifters compliments of the PO, it always ran good but I have no info on the engine other then it has good compression and hydraulic lifters. I wanted to see the lift on the valves to make sure I don’t have cam lobe issues (flat cam lobe), but after adjusting the lifters I am noticing different lift amounts on different valves, some open more then others. But if I tighten the adjustment screw I can get more and more lift on the ones that don’t open as far. Is what I’m seeing the differences in the amount of oil in each lifter possibly? And different lift amounts would be a normal thing to see? Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:24 AM