Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1973 2.0 fs - PPI ?
gulf908
post Jun 2 2020, 11:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,795
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Hi

a friend of mine here in Sydney is looking at this '73 for sale at the Beverley Hills CC.

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1973-po...2.0-c-10993.htm

does anyone know anything about it or know of it ?
secondly,is there a professional PPI that can be done on my friend's behalf by someone locally ?

TIA
Dennis (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Jun 3 2020, 12:45 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(gulf908 @ Jun 2 2020, 10:57 PM) *

Hi

a friend of mine here in Sydney is looking at this '73 for sale at the Beverley Hills CC.

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1973-po...2.0-c-10993.htm

does anyone know anything about it or know of it ?
secondly,is there a professional PPI that can be done on my friend's behalf by someone locally ?

TIA
Dennis (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

yup....Oscar
+Quote Post
gulf908
post Jun 3 2020, 01:37 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,795

thx OS

pls elaborate - we are a long way away

cheers
Dennis
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Jun 3 2020, 01:51 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,773
Region Association: Europe

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=343406

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
RobWood
post Jun 3 2020, 03:57 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 23,066

Check these guys out, www.autoappraisal.com

I commissioned three reports, on three 914s over several months, and with different inspectors in different states. Bought the third one and got it back from NY to NZ.

All of the reports were written well, the inspectors were happy to answer questions after the report was issued. All three reports were good quality, and the car, when it turned up, was exactly as reported/photographed.

Good luck,

Rob
+Quote Post
Landsharkoz
post Jun 3 2020, 02:38 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 24,346

QUOTE(RobWood @ Jun 3 2020, 03:57 AM) *

I commissioned three reports, on three 914s over several months, and with different inspectors in different states. Bought the third one and got it back from NY to NZ.
Good luck, Rob

Rob, thanks for your recommendation. Can you tell me how much they charge?

Cheers,

Leonard.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Jun 3 2020, 08:12 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(RobWood @ Jun 3 2020, 09:57 PM) *

All of the reports were written well, the inspectors were happy to answer questions after the report was issued. All three reports were good quality, and the car, when it turned up, was exactly as reported/photographed.

Good luck,

Rob

Hi Rob and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) ,we like pics on here...go for it ,would be nice to see your car .
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Jun 3 2020, 08:29 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

Looks ok but the fresh underseal is an alarm bell to me.
Sometime read if you visit them direct and inspect the car they are good to deal with,Oscar proved that recently with his kind offer for an oversea's member on here.
+Quote Post
bkrantz
post Jun 3 2020, 09:30 PM
Post #9

914 Guru

Member No.: 23,343
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

You might already know this, but BHCC has a mixed reputation. Search for some other threads, including other overseas buyers having trouble.

The car looks OK in the photos provided, but they do not show the most critical areas like the hell hole and the outer longs under the rocker covers.

Besides that, a few things look off. If it is an original 2 liter, then it should have chrome bumpers, fog lights, and vinyl on the targa sail panels. These could be modifications, or it could be an original 1.7 liter with a motor swap.
+Quote Post
Landsharkoz
post Jun 3 2020, 10:13 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 24,346

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 3 2020, 08:29 PM) *

Sometime read if you visit them direct and inspect the car they are good to deal with,Oscar proved that recently with his kind offer for an oversea's member on here.

Thanks. I sent Oscar an email. I hope I am lucky enough to hear back from him. Certainly the only way I would purchase this is to have a PPI done first.

Cheers, Leonard
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Jun 3 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #11

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jun 3 2020, 07:30 PM) *

Besides that, a few things look off. If it is an original 2 liter, then it should have chrome bumpers, fog lights, and vinyl on the targa sail panels. These could be modifications, or it could be an original 1.7 liter with a motor swap.

Not necessarily true. @bbrock has an original 2.0L with black bumpers and no vinyl on the sails. The factory wasn't as rigid as later 'history' dictates.
+Quote Post
RobWood
post Jun 4 2020, 02:30 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(Landsharkoz @ Jun 3 2020, 02:38 PM) *

QUOTE(RobWood @ Jun 3 2020, 03:57 AM) *

Good luck, Rob

Rob, thanks for your recommendation. Can you tell me how much they charge?

Cheers,

Leonard.

About $400usd from memory
+Quote Post
RobWood
post Jun 4 2020, 02:31 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 3 2020, 08:29 PM) *

Attached Image
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Jun 4 2020, 07:49 AM
Post #14

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 3 2020, 10:21 PM) *

Not necessarily true. @bbrock has an original 2.0L with black bumpers and no vinyl on the sails. The factory wasn't as rigid as later 'history' dictates.

That's true. There are some threads and other info (e.g. Jeff Bowlsby's site) on this but the story is that the Appearance Group package was originally included in the base price of the 73 2.0L (marketed briefly in the U.S. as the famous 914S) so nearly all, if not all 73 twos came with the package. Appearance group became an extra cost option sometime around mid-model year. There was also a "Sport" or "Performance" package which is what my car is. That package included the performance goodies of Fuchs, sway bars, and center console but black bumper, no fog lights, and not vinyl sails. The rear trim on the targa was also black.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jun 4 2020, 07:51 AM
Post #15

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Betty's 914 had the Fuchs wheels and sail panel vinyl from the factory, but it didn't have sway bars. It also came with black bumpers and no fog lights.

Like any other car, you could fill out the dealer option selection and get what you wanted.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mrholland2
post Jun 4 2020, 10:35 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 13,531
Region Association: Central California

Have we all noticed that the BHCC floor with a crack is now much nicer? It seemed to happen just after a World member mentioned it on here. (Probably a coincidence, but funny and I had to mention) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
bkrantz
post Jun 4 2020, 08:28 PM
Post #17

914 Guru

Member No.: 23,343

QUOTE(bbrock @ Jun 4 2020, 07:49 AM) *

That's true. There are some threads and other info (e.g. Jeff Bowlsby's site) on this but the story is that the Appearance Group package was originally included in the base price of the 73 2.0L (marketed briefly in the U.S. as the famous 914S) so nearly all, if not all 73 twos came with the package. Appearance group became an extra cost option sometime around mid-model year. There was also a "Sport" or "Performance" package which is what my car is. That package included the performance goodies of Fuchs, sway bars, and center console but black bumper, no fog lights, and not vinyl sails. The rear trim on the targa was also black.

Good to know. I thought the variations on 2.0 equipment did not start until MY 74.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Jun 5 2020, 06:34 AM
Post #18

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jun 4 2020, 08:28 PM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Jun 4 2020, 07:49 AM) *

Good to know. I thought the variations on 2.0 equipment did not start until MY 74.

I bought a new 1.7 in 73. It had chrome bumpers, sail vinyl, and pedrinis. That's the way it came.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Jun 5 2020, 07:07 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jun 3 2020, 10:30 PM) *

You might already know this, but BHCC has a mixed reputation. Search for some other threads, including other overseas buyers having trouble.

To be fair - it was a multi-state title issue that got caught up in the Covid shut down.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Jun 5 2020, 07:09 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 3 2020, 09:29 PM) *

They will happily meet you, walk you to the car, and then walk away allowing you to spend hours inspecting it.

You need eyes on what you buy from them, or any dealer really, but if you fail to do that it is on you.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:40 AM